Churches have lots of events happening throughout the day, week, month, and year! Create events with schedules, rooms, and resources to stay informed about what's happening on your campus.
From the Events page, select New Event or hover over the date and click New to create an event.
Enter the name of the event, and then continue filling out the information regarding the event.
- The Event Owner will receive the communication regarding this event. Anyone with permissions in Calendar can be an Event Owner.
- If the event matches a template, choose it from the list.
- Select the dates and time of the event, and add if it repeats.
- Choose the physical or virtual location and event description, which will show on the event itself as well as any kiosks.
- Add any applicable tags to the event.
- Click Save event to simply add the event to the calendar. You will not be taken to the event page.
Click More options to be taken to the event page where you can add rooms and resources.
Set the schedule and reserve rooms or resources for the event.
- Add the setup and teardown schedule as well as any other times you might need to reserve for the event.
- Search or browse for rooms and resources, expanding to answer any required questions and specifying the room setup.
- Manage the visibility of times or rooms on the public calendar or kiosk by enabling or disabling the icon next to the time or room.
Click Save changes to confirm your event request, which will send the requests to the appropriate Approval Groups.
If you have an event similar to this one, duplicate this event once you have requested rooms and resources.
The Overview shows the main information about the event.
- Run a report based on the event, or share a calendar feed.
- Edit the schedule or request/remove rooms and resources.
- Duplicate or delete this event.
- Administrators can approve or reject the rooms and resources.
- Green dot: Approved
- Yellow dot: Pending approval
- Red dot: Rejected
As people make changes to the event, they will be reflected in the Activity tab.
People can also make comments on the event. To receive an email with those comments, click Subscribe.
Files and Settings
The Files tab allows you to add any attachments to the event. To view an existing file, click on the file name. To edit or delete a file, click Edit.
In the Settings tab, you add more information to show on calendars.
- If the event is associated with another event you can enter the URL for another event or choose a Registrations event from the dropdown.
- The description you added initially will be in this box and will show on calendars you share.
- Information in the Notes box will not show unless you specifically enable it to show when you are sharing the event.
You can delete the event completely from this tab. It will not be recoverable.