Run a Default Report on an event, room, or resource, or, with a little knowledge of HTML and CSS, use a Default Report to create your own Custom Report.
Check out the video to see how to create reports, or follow the steps below to create your own.
Select Report to create a report based on the information on the main page.
Your reports will only include events that fit the filter you have applied to your calendar.
One of the goals of Calendar is to get you away from a printed, monthly calendar.
- Most churches have a lot going on, and fitting multiple events into tiny day squares (necessary for a month-at-a-glance view) is limited by design. Each square only fits 4-5 events max, but by running those events in a list view, there's really no limit to the number of events you can fit into a report.
- The application itself is accessible by computer, phone, or tablet. The calendar feeds allow you the ability to subscribe to various calendars on any software, and the embeddable calendar widget allows your church to display the events of the day on your church website.
- Detailed reports give all sorts of other information, such as the rooms or resources used, the event's schedule, room setups, etc. One of the main uses for reports is to communicate event needs to setup/maintenance crew.
Once you choose Run a Report, you can choose information to get a Default Report or choose edit reports to create a Custom Report.
- Choose the dates you'd like to run the report by selecting a start date and end date.
- Look through the types of reports from the dropdown. Each report will list their description when chosen.
- Export the report on a PDF or Web Page.
- Choose which additional information to add to the report:
Choose run report to access the report.
If you'd like to see what activities are happening on a specific date, choose it from the calendar and use the Basic Report By Date (New).
Create a Custom Report
Once you select edit reports, choose a Default Report as your starting point for any custom report by clicking New.
Default Reports cannot be deleted.
Give your report a name as well as a description then use the code to get the information you'd like on your report. The code can help you gain a better understanding of how reports work and identify patterns and techniques you can implement in your own report.
For more help with coding your report, check out our information on using liquid.