Resources are items people can request for events. They always contain a quantity, and Calendar keeps track of how many resources are available. Create all your resources, so events can be created more easily, adding all the necessary requests to the event.
Check out the video to see how to add a resource, or follow the steps below.
From the Resources tab, you can see general information about the resources you already have and where they've been approved for use.
- View events with reserved resources on the calendar.
- Click the arrow to see what's reserved for that event.
- To add a new resource, select New Resource.
If you do not have permission to manage resources, you will not be able to add new resources.
- Add the title people will recognize when requesting the resource.
- Input the number of this resource you have. As the resource is approved for events, the capacity will adjust for that date.
- Put the resource in a folder to keep your resources organized.
- Check which group will approve or reject the resource request.
Click Create to be taken to the Room Settings.
Each resource has its own setups, approval groups, and questions, along with the sidebar which shows the calendar and any reservation blocks.
- Change the name of the resource, choose the folder, update the quantity or the location the resource is stored.
- Run a report or share a calendar feed with when this resource is being used.
- View when this resource has been requested by choosing a date on the calendar that has a dot on it.
- Add a description to give more context about the resource.
- Expand to see who is listed in the chosen Approval Group, remove the Approval Group by selecting the x, or add additional groups by choosing Add approval group.
- Enter the date the resource might need to be replaced as well as the serial number to help with re-ordering.
- Ask any necessary questions for the resource to be presented in the best way. These upfront questions help keep questions off you when the event happens.
To delete the resource, select the trash can icon.